In a culture obsessed with selfies, celebrities, money, and success, it’s not difficult to understand why so many of us struggle with being a little self-centered at times. But while “me first” may the norm for the rest of the world, Jesus showed us what it looks like to live a generous, compassionate, selfless, “after you” kind of life
• Have you ever failed to notice something obvious?
• What's one situation where failing to notice something important could put you or someone else in danger?
• Have you ever failed to notice someone else's needs? What happened?
• Why is it difficult for you, specifically, to notice others' needs?
• In what ways did Jesus notice others' needs and live an "after you" kind of life?
• Read Mark 6:37-44. What do you think the rest of this story can teach us about noticing and meetings others' needs?
• Why does it matter whether we notice others' needs or not?
• What do you think the difference is between not being selfish and being selfless?
• Do you think noticing someone else's needs could ever benefit you too? Why or how?
• This week, how can you be more intentional about noticing the needs of others?
Youth group meetings/activities are held once a month and are open to middle and high school students. Signed permission forms are required to attend all youth events.
Mark Your Calendar
Run for the Diamonds