● Conflict can be individual: 1 in 4 U.S. students reports being bullied at school.
● Conflict can be collective: Up to 70% of women experience violence in their lifetimes.
● Conflict can be domestic: 1 in 3 women has been the victim of violence at the hands of an intimate partner. 1 in 4 children has been physically abused.
● Conflict can be international: Conflict and political violence are on the rise in 48 countries.
● Conflict can be historical: Structural racism creates long-term deficits of opportunity.
● Conflict can be contemporary: Human trafficking and forced labor affect 3 of every 1,000 people in the world today.
To help address these diverse challenges, the Peace & Global Witness Offering supports a range of ministries devoted to peacemaking and reconciliation. This includes bearing witness in communities of conflict around the world, hosting education programs to raise awareness, driving local peacemaking efforts, offering catalyst support to our mission co-workers, and much more.
Imagine what a gift it is to those who have been hurt, in both their spirit and their community, to find a lasting peace and resolve conflict in its many forms.
When you give to the Peace & Global Witness Offering your gift is the peace of Christ, for all of God’s children. With each gift, we can begin to create a world of peace—together.
Please give generously:
● Through your congregation
● Text PEACE to 20222 to give $10