We are starting up a pinochle game at the church. Please call the church office if you are interested in joining, the day and times you would be available and if you play single or double deck!
Our second Trunk or Treat will be held Halloween afternoon Saturday October 31st from 2pm-4pm. We are in need of cars to make the event successful! Last year was a great success. The kids and adults had a blast! It’s a great way to participate in Trick or Treat night in a safe friendly environment. Want to get involved? Click here for updates?
THIS SATURDAY is the BIG event! Our Last Blast of Summer Festival being held from 12pm-4pm in our parking lot. Bring the kids and an appetite! Pickles the Clown will be twisting balloon animals free, free face painting, games, halushki, halupki, pierogies, burgers, hotdogs and ice cream for sale. We will have vendors including a quilter, Whitmoyer Creations, Twisted Dreams, Tastefully Simple, jewelry and more! We hope you will all join us rain or shine! Look for the big tent on Market Street!
During this Season of Peace, our thoughts turn to the meaning of peace and how, through Christ, we can nurture it inside ourselves and out in the world. Yet, to understand the value of peace, we must also understand the cost of conflict, and the many forms it can take.
● Conflict can be individual: 1 in 4 U.S. students reports being bullied at school.
● Conflict can be collective: Up to 70% of women experience violence in their lifetimes.
● Conflict can be domestic: 1 in 3 women has been the victim of violence at the hands of an intimate partner. 1 in 4 children has been physically abused.
● Conflict can be international: Conflict and political violence are on the rise in 48 countries.
● Conflict can be historical: Structural racism creates long-term deficits of opportunity.
● Conflict can be contemporary: Human trafficking and forced labor affect 3 of every 1,000 people in the world today.
To help address these diverse challenges, the Peace & Global Witness Offering supports a range of ministries devoted to peacemaking and reconciliation. This includes bearing witness in communities of conflict around the world, hosting education programs to raise awareness, driving local peacemaking efforts, offering catalyst support to our mission co-workers, and much more.
Imagine what a gift it is to those who have been hurt, in both their spirit and their community, to find a lasting peace and resolve conflict in its many forms.
When you give to the Peace & Global Witness Offering your gift is the peace of Christ, for all of God’s children. With each gift, we can begin to create a world of peace—together.
Please give generously:
● Through your congregation
● Text PEACE to 20222 to give $10